12.12.2012

My Adventures of Going No Poo-Week 1

Week 1 is Done!
Hey Y'all! Sorry I'm a couple of days behind on this. I was trying to post on my lunch break at work since we don't have internet at home and I've been working through lunch.

Anyway, it has now been a week and 2 days since I cut out traditional shampoo and conditioner and switched over. Did you see the first post about it? If not, check it out here! I am so happy to report that I am a huge fan (at this point) of this new concoction! My hair feels clean, has a good shine, is very manageable and is actually curling better for me. I don't feel like I have gone through that transitional period that some go through where their hair gets frizzy or oily.

The only change I have made to my routine is that I have started putting the baking soda solution on before I get my hair wet in the shower. This makes me feel assured that my whole scalp is really getting scrubbed clean because I know exactly where its going. Then when I step in to the shower I just dip my head quickly into the water and then go about my shower. I wait until I've finished everything else before I rinse the baking soda and do the vinegar solution. I don't start the vinegar solution at my scalp though, its more the length of my hair instead. I will say that I think the vinegar solution gets smellier the longer its in the bottle (I get about 4 washes out of the 8 ounce solution of each.) I have contemplated using some essential oils to tone down the vinegar smell but I'm not sure its worth it. Once I blow dry my hair or style it curly then I don't smell the vinegar any more.

Have you tried it? I'd love to hear you experience or your apprehension if you any!

Be a blessing to someone today!

Kayla

No comments: